When it comes to haircare, nourishing the hair and scalp from the inside out is crucial in order to restore the lustre and bounce to our hair in any weather. Because our hair is constantly tortured by heat and chemicals when we blow dry, style, and/or color it, it’s critical to nurture and pamper our lovely locks, especially now that summer is here and the heat is at its peak.
Summers take a toll on our hair, especially. The sun’s UV rays cause hair to become damaged and the cuticles to become dry and harsh. Our hair becomes fried and our scalp becomes dry if we do not take adequate care of it.
Aditya Arya, Co-Founder of beauty and health business ‘Yes Madam,’ offered a list of things you can do to keep your hair’s shine even on these hot summer days.
Avoid using hot tools
With so much heat already in the air, adding more heat to the mix damages hair and dries out the scalp. Once or twice a week, use heated tools. After you’ve washed your hair, braid it for a wavy curly style.
Try shampoo and conditioner with a moisturiser
Due to excessive sweating and heat, everyone’s hair wash regimen ultimately rises, resulting in a dry scalp. Try a clarifying shampoo, and don’t forget to apply conditioner to your hair to seal in the moisture.
Start using a hair protector
Just as you cover your face with sunscreen, you should do the same for your hair. Because your hair is a delicate part of your body as well. Start applying a hair sunscreen, whether it’s in the form of a gel, lotion, or spray. This will shield your hair from the sun’s harmful rays and keep it looking shiny all day.
Wear a hat
If you have to be in direct sunlight for an extended amount of time, start wearing a hat. Hats are the best way to keep your hair safe. They don’t simply protect your hair; they also protect your ear and neck. There are no specific sorts of hats available on the market; you may always choose one that complements your appearance.
Don’t forget oiling
Many people believe that oiling is only necessary in the winter, but this is the most common misunderstanding. In the summer, you should oil your hair once a week as well. Hair oils, such as coconut or olive oil, will nourish your hair while also aiding in its growth.
Vivek Gautam, Director and CEO of NS4 Hair & Beauty Salon, added to the list:
1. Start the summer with a cut to avoid split ends and to renew the style. Hair grows quite quickly in the summer.
2. Braid your hair in loose and comfortable styles – A braid keeps your hair in place and reduces sun exposure. Tight hairstyles can cause damage, especially if your hair is already dry from the summer heat.
3. Reduce the amount of heat you use – Try to dry your hair as little as possible. It’ll dry rapidly because it’s already been exposed to heat every day over the summer. Flat-irons should also be avoided if your hair is already dry.
4. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush – Avoid combing wet hair because it is more prone to breakage. Brushes will strain and rip strands if they snag them, so wide-tooth combs are best for untangling hair.
5. Consume vital nutrients – Eating healthy food is essential for good health. Healthy foods are defined in terms of the vitamins and nutrients required for good health. Consume foods that are high in protein and iron. Vegetables and fruits should be a big part of your diet.
So, just as you would take care of your face in the summer, you should also take care of your hair, because healthy hair may make you stand out in a crowd.