Deciding on a major for your undergraduate degree can be tough, especially if you are unsure of what career path to follow. An Associate of Arts (AA) degree can be an ideal option if you cannot decide on a specialisation for your career or don’t want to invest a lot of time and money for an expensive college education.
An Associate of Arts degree can help you launch your career soon after your high school, switch jobs and professional domains, and move up the corporate ladder. You can also choose to pursue the course online if you are already working. Many universities offering these programs offer the option of using the credits from the course for a bachelor’s programme if you choose to continue your education forward. An AA degree provides you with some general skills that can prepare you for a career in social sciences, humanities or business organisations.
If you are intrigued with the option of an Associate of Arts degree, this blog can be an informative read. It gives a brief introduction of the degree and tells you the benefits of investing in this course.
How can an AA degree be advantageous for you?
Here are the most important benefits of pursuing an AA program after your high school graduation.
- Most AA courses have generalised curriculums that can provide a broad overview of different domains and allow you to retain the flexibility to choose a professional domain according to your interests and aspirations.
- An AA degree can provide a huge sense of accomplishment for high school graduates who receive the confidence of joining the workforce soon after their high school completion.
- The course provides several essential skills such as the ability to collaborate with others, research and evaluative skills, great written and oral communication skills and analytical skills. These skills are considered an integral part of any corporate job and will help you establish a successful career in any field.
- An AA course can develop a strong aptitude for creativity, mathematical skills and scientific reasoning. It can also provide other important skills like a sense of social responsibility and a broad mentality to accept diverse views on different subjects which are essential for any job in the humanities domain.
- Since most AA degrees are career-oriented, they can prepare you for all the complexities and challenges of working in any industrial sector better than other theoretical courses.
This course has a huge career scope and can allow you to pursue many interesting roles such as para-legal assistants, HR assistants, media assistants and social workers. You can also take up a job as a pre-school teacher, library associate, administrative assistant, or a language interpreter.
An AA degree can be the stepping stone to a rewarding career in any industrial domain. Most employers consider AA graduates as ideal candidates owing to their skills and unbiased perspectives. An associate of arts degree from Canada or any other developed country will enhance your career in any domain of your choice. While selecting an AA degree, look for courses that provide placement opportunities for a more enriching experience.