If you enjoy gazing at the sky and stars, you should be aware of the forthcoming phenomena. Prepare your telescopes and seek out a peaceful location to view the century’s longest partial lunar eclipse. On November 19, it will take place. It’s also the longest total solar eclipse in nearly 600 years. When the moon passes through the Earth’s shadow, it is called a lunar eclipse.
According to Indiana’s Holcomb Observatory, the partial eclipse will endure 3 hours, 28 minutes, and 24 seconds in this scenario, with the entire eclipse lasting 6 hours and 1 minute, making it the longest partial eclipse in 580 years. This will also be the year’s final lunar eclipse. Skygazers will be treated to a slowly shifting moon that may even turn crimson in color.
Everything you need to know about the partial lunar eclipse is listed below:
- According to NASA, the event will commence on November 19 at around 2.19 a.m. EST (12.49 p.m. India time).
- The full moon in November is known as the Beaver Moon because beavers are preparing for the winter, hence the name of this month’s event.
- Parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam in India will be able to see the eclipse near the finish.
- The eclipse’s partial phase will begin at 12.48 p.m. and end at 4.17 p.m., according to the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- The eclipse will be seen from western Africa, western Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Pacific Ocean, in addition to these two Indian states.
- The eclipse will occur in four parts, according to the US space agency: around 1.02 a.m. EST, the moon will enter the penumbra, or the lighter part of the moon’s shadow. Because the darkening is so subtle, this phase might be difficult to detect without specific equipment.
- At 2.18 a.m. EST, the moon will reach the umbra, or the darker section of the shadow. The moon will transit into the deep shadow for about 3.5 hours until it exits the umbra at 5.47 a.m. At 6.03 a.m. EST, the eclipse will come to an end.
- At 4.03 a.m. EST, the greatest eclipse will occur, with 97 percent of the moon’s face covered by the darkest section of the Earth’s shadow turning a deep crimson.
Apart from it, you can read these articles: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE review, DaBaby net worth, Shetland Season 6, Primal Season 2, Cells at work Season 2, Goku, 6ix9ine net worth, The Shannara Chronicles Season 3, Death Note season 2, KProxy, Kung Fu Panda 4, 7StarHD, 123Mkv, Afdah, FFMovies, Bolly4U, Moviesflix, TrueID, Crystals for Protection, Mewing, How to charge crystals, Knightfall Season 3, Vampire Diaries season 9, Homeland Season 9, Sherlock season 5, Goodyear Viva 3, High sleeper bed, Cash for Cars, F95zone, the 100 Season 8, Salvation Season 3, Shadowhunters season 4, Poldark season 6, Good Place season 5, Madison beer net worth, Gravity Falls season 3, Hunter x Hunter season 7, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4, Bloodborne 2, Derry Girls season 3, and Knightfall Season 3, you can follow our Entertainment, Health, Technology, and Business category.