Hypertension, often known as high blood pressure, is a silent killer. It is a disorder that has no obvious symptoms but increases the risk of chronic diseases such as coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, heart attack, stroke, and cardiac arrest. Working out, eating a healthy diet, practising mindfulness, and taking your medicine on a regular basis can all help you control your hypertension. Doctors recommend getting tested on a frequent basis to help control the illness, but regular visits to the hospital can be onerous for patients who do not have access to a blood pressure monitor at home. Don’t worry; you may perform the same test at home without the use of a blood pressure cuff or a digital monitor.
Without the use of a monitor, check your blood pressure.
Without the cuff, an estimated systolic blood pressure reading can be taken. Follow these steps to do so:
- Locate your pulse in your left arm.
- A radial pulse can be found below the thumb and above the wrist.
- If you can easily find this pulse, your blood pressure reading is at least 80mmHg, with a normal value of 120/80mmHg.
- Know the dos and don’ts of blood pressure monitoring at home.
- According to Blood Pressure UK, there are a few dos and don’ts to keep in mind. These are some of them:
- Use the same arm every time.
- When you first start, take your blood pressure in both arms.
- Don’t round up or down your measurements to the nearest decimal place.
- Don’t get worked up over little variations.
- Every day, at the same time, take the reading.
- Don’t be alarmed by unexpectedly high readings.
- Don’t monitor your blood pressure on a daily basis.
- If your blood pressure drops, don’t forget to take your prescription.
- Sit in a comfortable and relaxed position.
- When going to the reading, dress comfortably.
- Before taking the reading, take a five-minute break.
- Make sure your arm is at the same level of support as your heart.
- What you should know about blood pressure readings.
Blood pressure levels are influenced by a person’s weight, gender, and age, as well as any underlying health issues. Experts, on the other hand, recommend testing it at the same time on the same region for the most reliable readings.
Apart from it, you can read these articles: Primal Season 2, Cells at work Season 2, Goku, 6ix9ine net worth, The Shannara Chronicles Season 3, Death Note season 2, 5 Best Indian Curries, KProxy, Kung Fu Panda 4, 7StarHD, 123Mkv, Afdah, FFMovies, Bolly4U, Moviesflix, TrueID, Crystals for Protection, Mewing, How to charge crystals, Knightfall Season 3, Vampire Diaries season 9, Homeland Season 9, Sherlock season 5, Goodyear Viva 3, High sleeper bed, Cash for Cars, F95zone, Aloe Vera Juice, the 100 Season 8, Salvation Season 3, Shadowhunters season 4, Poldark season 6, Good Place season 5, Madison beer net worth, Gravity Falls season 3, Hunter x Hunter season 7, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4, Bloodborne 2, Derry Girls season 3, highest paid CEO, and, Bhushan Kumar net worth, Knightfall Season 3, you can follow our Entertainment, Health, Technology, and Business category.